Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Notes on Spoiler Policy

Since this is a blog about game design, it is fairly obvious that we're going to be talking about games as examples.  There are probably spoilers afoot.  In the case of tabletops or board games, these, if they even exist, are fairly minor.  In the case of LARPs run by the MIT Assassins' Guild (which is where I learned to write such games and generally run the ones I write), games declared "dead" are fair game.  For video games, anything older than ten years is also fair game.  These will not be noted with spoiler warnings.

LARPs that have not been declared dead and any game made within the last ten years will be tagged with spoiler warnings.

In short, I'll give a warning if I'm talking about Mass Effect 1 or Persona 3, but I'll talk about Final Fantasy VII until I'm blue in the face.  The statute of limitations ran out a long time ago on that game.

No comments:

Post a Comment